Saturday, July 28, 2012

God is so good!

When we started the adoption process we knew that it was going to be expensive, we knew that we did not have the money, but we also knew that God is so much greater than we could ever imagine.  We agreed at the beginning that if God wanted us to adopt that He would provide financially in a way that only He could possibly receive the glory.  That is just what He did!  Bryce was a surprise to everyone and we are still amazed at how fast everything has happened.  We signed the papers on Thursday and he was home on Saturday.  We knew that fees were due at placement, but as quickly as everything happened, we did not have the money ready.  I received a call on Tuesday that we needed to have the $10,000 by Friday so we could pay the agency and the attorney.  We had saved a little and some family members had surprised us with checks that were far too generous. We were going to take out a loan when a friend offered to make a few calls to some friends who had mentioned to him that they wanted to help out.  I was very thankful and appreciative, but knew that we still had to come up with a lot of money in a very short amount of time.  Thursday afternoon I went by to pick up the money that he had collected and nothing could have prepared me for the love and generosity that we were about to receive.  In just one day he collected $5,460!  I managed to hold it together as I thanked him over and over, but on the way home I had to pull the car over.  I could not drive through the tears of joy that came flowing down my face.  I am so humbled, honored, and overwhelmed at what God has done.   Some of the money came from people that did not even know us but had heard our story and wanted to help.  God never ceases to amaze me!  He chooses to display His love and kindness through His children, for His glory.

Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.
Psalm 115:1

I also want to thank everyone who has showered us with gifts, diapers, clothes, meals, and prayer.  We cannot express in words how much we appreciate all of the love that has been poured out on us in the past few weeks.  As Kade would say, "We love you to the moon, and Jesus, and back!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a very touching story. I believe God made a way for u guys bc He knows u will raise this child up according to His will. This is a very inspiring story and it will touch many lives for years to come. Thank u for sharing

    ReplyDelete