Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not just a baby step...a big one!

Today we met with the agency, signed the papers, and paid the fee.  We set up all of the dates for them to come look at our home, interview each of us individually (for an hour and a half!), and then give the boys a little interview.  (that should be interesting)  If everything goes well we should finish up our home study on May 3rd! 

On my way to the appointment I started feeling a little anxious and had some serious butterflies.  Today was REAL!  For the first time I feel like we are really moving forward.  So far we have only taken baby steps with paperwork and getting all of our information together, but now we are moving fast!  I stopped and prayed, right before I went in, that God would give me peace.  I think the scariest thing is not knowing how everything is going to play out.  I am constantly trying to imagine the future and the not knowing is the hardest part. 
Will it be a few months from now? 
Will it be this summer? 
Will it be a year from now? 
Will we have a month's notice? 
Will we get a phone call out of the blue that he's already here and waiting at the hospital? 
I don't know! 

But I do know who is in control.  I know that He is the one that put adoption on our hearts in the first place, He is the one who has led us to this point, He is the one who is providing financially in ways we never could have imagined, and He is the one who holds our future. 

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

My peace comes from knowing that God is in control, and that no matter how the story plays out, He loves me more than I can begin to imagine and will ultimately be glorified no matter what.

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.  Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  Ephesians 3:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment