Monday, February 17, 2014

Meet the new guy!

After we closed on the land it's been a mad dash to finish up all of the repairs and get our house on the market. The boys were out of school for Presidents' Day, so I decided to take them down to the farm in Effie to hang out with family and let Brandon and his guys work on the house.  This morning we rode down to the sand bar at the red river and we weren't there 5 minutes when Jaxon came running over.
He found the cutest little turtle and you know what came next..."please mom, please please please can we keep him."  Awe Jax, I don't know, what about his family.  They might miss him if he's gone. Then Kade says "Well, we can adopt him and then he can be in our family!"  Wow!  Just...wow!  
Soooooo we now have a pet turtle.
Let me be the first to introduce you to Raphael.  He rode cockpit with me all the way back to shreveport in a red solo cup. The boys were all asleep when we got home so it was up to me to find him a proper living space.  I even went outside and found a snail and a little bug since Google said they like to eat that sort of thing.
I think tomorrow maybe I'll go look for an aquarium, but the slice of pizza stays.  He is a ninja turtle after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment