Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The nursery

There hasn't been much progress lately and I'm having a hard time patiently waiting.
So in the meantime we have been working on the nursery and I am having so much fun!  Brandon built this awesome changing table and I painted it blue.  I found the green chevron bins at Target and the metal baskets at Hobby Lobby.  I can't wait for it to be filled with the sweet smell of "clean" diapers and baby lotion.


I told Brandon I wanted to put up some shelves so he found and old piece of oak in the garage and spray painted some brackets. Next thing I knew there were two beautiful old rustic shelves. 
I love being married to a handy man!


I made a little whale applique and painted an embroidery hoop green to hold it.


Kade and Jaxon have been vacationing with the grandparents and I must say I am so glad to have them back home again.  They always have a blast with the grands and usually do not want to come back home, but things are just not right when they're away.  It might be nice for a day or two having peace and quiet, not to mention how good it feels to have a clean house,  but then I'm good.  I need my boys back!  I'll take the mess any day of the week over a clean quiet house.  In fact, Kade dropped the milk jug and the lid shot off like a rocket just to celebrate their homecoming.  Ahhh...yes!  I want sticky floors, dirty laundry, toothpaste in the sink, and Lego's covering every square inch of the living room if it means I get to hang with these two!


"gator man" & "wolverinebatmanjeti guy"

1 comment:

  1. super cute, Megan! love all of the colors in the nursery! praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete