Friday, January 20, 2012

Well, here goes nothing!

I never thought I would start a blog, but I am hoping this will help in the months and years ahead as we try to navigate through what I know will be a roller coaster of a journey. We are in the early stages of adoption and getting our paperwork in order to complete the home study. We found a little agency in Shreveport that we feel really good about and hopefully we can get the ball rolling very soon. Brandon and I have always talked about the possibility of adoption and in the past few months have felt very confident that God is leading us in that direction. I have been through all kinds of emotions as I wrap my mind around what God is doing through my family! I have been excited, terrified, impatient, nervous, anxious, and scared. There are days when I think we are so ready for this and I want to sign the papers tomorrow. Then there are days when I feel inadequate and worried that maybe I'm not a good enough mother to take on such a huge responsibility. But it's then that I remember the mighty God I serve. I am an imperfect person with many flaws and I could allow those things to render me useless for God's kingdom work, but I refuse! Josh Wilson has a song out right now and I can't help but sing to the top of my lungs every time I hear it. Some of the lyrics go... I refuse to sit around and wait for someone else to do what God has called me to do myself. Oh, I could choose not to move, but I refuse to stand and watch the weary and lost cry out for help. I refuse to turn my back and try and act like all is well. I refuse to stay unchanged, to wait another day, to die to myself. I refuse to make one more excuse. I refuse!
There are countless children who need loving parents to give them a good home and show them the unconditional love of Jesus Christ. To give them a hope and a future. There are orphans in countries across the globe, there are children in unthinkable situations all over America, and there are unborn babies, without a voice, who are being murdered daily. I want to stop talking about how horrible and sad all of that is and start proactively doing something about it. The bible tells us that we have been adopted into the family of God. Ephesians 1:4-7 says, Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace He has poured out on us who belong to His dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that He purchased our freedom with the blood of His Son and forgave our sins.
Adoption is really expensive and overwhelming at times, but when I remember that Jesus died to adopt me into His family, any sacrifice we need to make is just plain silly in comparison. God is above and beyond capable of doing anything, and we know that He will provide for our family in ways that that we will not even be able to comprehend.

We would really love for you to be praying for us because we know that the prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16 Any advice, encouragement, love, or support is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Love,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Oh Megan, I'm so excited for you and your family. So glad you started a blog so you and others can see what God is doing. I was really encouraged as I read your post. I have many of the same emotions and feelings! Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Megan! I too am looking forward to walking this journey with y'all. It will be amazing to see the Lord work it all out!

    ReplyDelete